In the field of criminal law, SCPA ‘Coste & Ioanid’ law firm’s professional and meticulous approach consists of a slightly different strategy in order to respond with maximum efficiency to our clients’ requests in relation to various specific issues in criminal law cases.
Our expertise has been built on cases in which the most vigorous procedural actions, such as pre-trial detention, are contested, up to very complex matters that are too easily qualified as criminal offences by the judicial authorities.
We provide legal assistance and representation for both aggrieved parties and suspects or defendants.
The range of professional services in the field of criminal law is comprehensive, covering both the prosecution stage, in which we provide legal assistance and representation before the prosecution bodies (including the National Anticorruption Directorate and the Directorate for the Investigation of Organized Crime and Terrorism), and the trial stage, in which we represent/assist clients before all courts in Romania.
We provide legal support for drafting, filing and defending of documents related to referral to prosecution authorities
- complaints lodged by aggrieved parties
- complaints lodged against measures and actions ordered by the prosecution authorities
- bringing a civil action in criminal proceedings
- bringing the civilly liable party into the criminal proceedings
- taking action for the restitution of property
- contesting protective measures
- suspension of prosecution or trial
- appeals for annulment, revisions
- revocation of security measures
- revocarea măsurilor de siguranţă
- merging of punishments, provisional release, deferment or interrupted serving of a prison sentence, removal or modification of criminal penalties imposed
- challenges to enforcement of sentence